Sunday, May 9, 2010

Appetizer: Fiesta Taco Dip

This week the Hubs asked me if I would mind throwing some appetizers together for his Texas Hold em' night! (Did he even have to ASK!?!?) My mind instantly started to go through my recipe "box". I was trying to think of something that was tasty and filling since it would be feeding a house full of men! This recipe came to mind and I just knew I had to make it! I have a very soft spot for yummy layers of beans, sour cream, tomatoes, olives and cheese! YUM!



Fiesta Taco Dip

1 1/2 cans (16oz cans) Green chili & lime refried beans
2 large Roma tomatoes, diced
4 green onions, diced
1 (6oz) can olives, sliced
16oz sour cream
8oz cream cheese, softened
2 Tbsp Taco Seasoning mix
2 clove garlic, chopped
3/4 cup cheddar cheese
1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro


Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Spread refried beans evenly in the bottom of a 9x13 dish. In a separate bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, garlic, and taco seasoning; blend well. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over beans. Grate cheddar cheese over top the cream cheese mixture and bake 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Dice tomatoes, thinly slice green onions, slice olives, and finely chop cilantro. Sprinkle tomato, onions, olives, and cilantro over dip. Garnish with additional sour cream and serve with tortilla chips if desired!


I made this little number and then excused myself from all the testosterone in my home. (Went to the movies and saw The back up plan..soooo FUNNY!!!) I couldn't wait to get back to snack a little on the dip, but when I got home this is what I found!

Totally GONE!!! I guess they liked it. :o)

No comments: