Thursday, September 23, 2010

Dessert: Blueberry Buckle



With the cooler weather here and fresh berries in my freezer, some baking was in order! Someone had recommended this recipe to me earlier this summer and I decided...why not!?!?! So I threw this bad boy together and let me just tell you. This buckle is like a coffee cake but SUPER moist! I am NOT a fan of cake and I had seconds!!! It went perfect with my cup of coffee and my favorite Cinnamon Vanilla Creme creamer from Coffee mate! YUM! Here is the recipe and also below you will find a "how to" on freezing those yummy blueberries! I am defiantly making this again! :)


Blueberry Buckle
From: Tasteofhome.com

9-12 Servings
Prep: 15 min.
Bake: 1 hour


Ingredients:
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup sugar, divided
1 egg, beaten
2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup cold butter, cubed


Directions:
In a bowl, cream shortening and 1/2 cup sugar. Add egg and mix well. Combine 2 cups flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with the milk. Spread into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Toss blueberries with lemon juice; sprinkle over batter. In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining sugar and flour; cut in butter until mixture is the size of peas. Sprinkle over berries. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes. Yield: 9-12 servings.


Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 293 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 231 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.

No comments: