Thursday, April 22, 2010

Appetizer: Cool Veggie Pizza




Let me just tell you that this is by far one of my all time FAVORITE "go to" appetizers! I have made this in soooo many different ways and with soooo many different ingredients and I ALWAYS end up going back for more! The neat thing about this recipe is how flexible it is. You don't like cucumber? Use Broccoli! You prefer ranch mix over dill..do it! You really can't go wrong here as long as you substitute with something similar! Once I was in a pinch and forgot to buy the dressing packet, so I looked up a homemade ranch dressing recipe on line and just added the seasonings that were called (good thing I had almost everything in the cupboard) and you wouldn't have even known! So if you have never had this before then I BEG you to find a reason to make it THIS week! You won't regret it! :o)

Cool Veggie Pizza

1 can (8 oz.) refrigerated crescent rolls
1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1-1/2 teaspoons mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Dill Mix or dill weed (You can just add ranch from packet to your taste)
salt and pepper to taste
2 cups of a variety of fresh vegetables: zucchini, mushrooms, carrots, green or red bell peppers, green onions, seeded tomatoes, seeded cucumbers, etc.
1/4-1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350° F.
Spread crescent roll dough onto 13-inch baking stone or cookie sheet and pinch seams together. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and let cool completely.

Blend cream cheese, mayonnaise, dill weed, salt and pepper. Spread the cream cheese mixture on top of cooled crust. Coarsely chop or crinkle cut chosen vegetables.

Mix diced vegetables in a medium bowl & then spread mixture over pizza. Top with grated cheese. Refrigerate before serving.

Yield: 8-10 appetizer servings

2 comments:

Mandiebee said...

I love this! I'm gonna have to make it next time I go to my moms! xoxox

I'm Janet, said...

Absolutly one of my favs too!!