Sunday, June 27, 2010

Appetizer: HOLY GUACAMOLE



Guacamole is one of my most FAVORITE things to eat! I was enjoying a friends dip when all of the sudden my chip ran into one of these bad boys...


The PIT!!! She proceeded to tell me that she leaves them in the actual dip to prevent it from browning. I had always been taught to use lemon juice...but mine still was brown after a few hours. Well let me tell you what, the next time I made Guacamole I totally left them in and no JOKE people!!!! My guacamole stayed GREEN for up to 3 days!!!! I was so shocked and I just HAD to share my new found fact with you all! (Thank you sweet friend for sharing your tip...you know who you are!) I was able to enjoy my dip for a few days instead of feeling like I had to devour every last bite that evening. LOL So here is my recipe...hope you love it!

Holy Guacamole

3 ripe avocados, mashed (SAVE the PITS!!!)
2 Roma tomatoes, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 shallot, diced
1/2 cup sour cream
Lowery's season salt to taste

In a bowl mash avocados, add remaining ingredients & add season salt to taste! Be sure to add the avocado pits back into the dip to keep from browning. Serve with tortilla chips! :)

4 comments:

Tiffany Shanks said...

Hey thanks for the tip, I will have to do that. Hey have you ever started growing a avocado plant just so that Payton can see the roots grow? It is a lot of fun, I have two plants out in the yard that I started from seed.

Kirstin said...

I did that too at a friends house and was like "um, you know the avocado seed is in here?" she said the same thing you learned. Go figure!!! I LOVE guacamole and could just sit and eat it with a spoon

The Sweet Nothing Tea said...

Hi great reaading your blog

The Sweet Nothing Tea said...

Great post much appreciate the time you took to write this