Monday, June 21, 2010

Main Dish: Southwest Sloppy Joes


Here is my twist on an old recipe I found years ago. This is seriously one of my easy "go to" recipes (that tastes amazing, might I add) when I need to be the good wife with dinner on the table, but feel too lazy to make it! My favorite thing about this recipe is that it isn't the traditional tomato base like we are use to in a sloppy joe, but has a tangy & sweet taste from your families FAVORITE BBQ sauce! :) Hope you all love it as much as we do!


Southwest Sloppy Joe's

ingredients:

2 lbs lean ground beef (can use Ground turkey)

1 medium sweet onion, diced

1 medium-large green bell pepper, diced

1/3-3/4 cup favorite BBQ sauce (We love Sweet Baby Ray's original)

Sliced Cheddar cheese

Saute' Onions & bell pepper in a pat of butter (or EVOO) until onions are just about translucent. Then add ground beef to the pan and brown. Drain any grease. Add BBQ sauce to your liking. Serve on toasted french rolls or hamburger buns & top with a slice of cheddar cheese! EASY & TASTY! :)

No comments: